Contact us to book a CPR course
Heart and Stroke BLS Course:
What is BLS:
Basic life support (BLS) is an advanced CPR course taught through the Heart and Stroke Association of Canada.
BLS is required by many professions including AHS first-responders, nurses, physicians, and healthcare providers as well as many other professions.
Absolute Athletic Therapy provides a BLS course that trains participants to promptly recognize several life threatening emergencies and how to properly and efficiently intervene with a high level of care.
- Certification is awarded through the Heart and Stroke Association and will be given immediately after the course has completed.
Main focus: CPR and choking for adults, children, and infants as well as the use of naloxone in the event of overdose.
This course is an instructor-led course teaches you on how to preform high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. This course is intended to help you improve patient outcomes.
You will also learn single- and multi-rescuer basic life support skills with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics in a wide variety of prehospital or in-facility settings.
BLS is a pre-requisite for advanced resuscitation courses and many healthcare-related training programs. Current certification is often required for employment in the healthcare field.
- A short renewal course for those who already have Heart and Stroke BLS Certification and need to be renewed.
- Current Heart and Stroke BLS certification required within the past year.
- Content and practice based on the same concepts as the full BLS course.
- Contact us if none are available online